Free School Meals
Is your child(ren) entitled to a Free School Meal?
Don’t miss out on the benefit related Free School Meal offer, you can quickly check if you are eligible and apply at www.southglos.gov.uk/schoolmeals A hot, freshly prepared meal at lunchtime can help with learning, concentration, and positive behaviour.
Your child may be able to get free school meals in Year 3 and above if you receive any of the following:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods, and your monthly average income over three assessment periods should be no more than £616.67)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.