Welcome & Admissions
Woodlands Nursery is a pre-school education provision for 3 to 4 year olds. Ofsted has reported “that children’s behaviour and their attitudes to learning and to others are exemplary.” The nursery provision is open to all and can offer the perfect stepping stone into Woodlands Primary Phase and Yate Academy.
We are committed to developing a partnership with you that will help us deliver high standards in the education and care of your child in a safe and happy environment. By the end of their nursery education, your child will be prepared for their Reception year at a Primary school with friends they have made along the way.
If you are thinking about or planning to join our Nursery, we are here at every step of the way to answer your questions. We understand that making plans for your child’s care and ongoing education at this early age is an important decision. We count it as a huge privilege to work with children, and can assure you that our team of practitioners, carers and wider school team will provide the very best personalised care to meet your child’s needs.
To start the application process we would like to get some information from you about you and your child. Please complete the following form below (one form for each child). The form should be returned to us at your earliest convenience, so that we can arrange a start date that suits you.
Please remember that once your child starts in our Nursery, if any of the information you complete in this application form changes, please notify us so that we can update our records.
If you have any further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Why send your child to Woodlands Nursery?
- Nursery provision focused around the development of your child
- Nursery for 3-4 year olds within the safe setting of Woodlands Primary School
- Over 30 hours of nursery education per week available (including 15 hours FREE nursery provision per week thanks to Government funding)
- Qualified teacher with specific experience of child development and children’s learning
- Allocated place within Woodlands Primary School and the Secondary School of Yate Academy
- Dedicated Nursery provision
- Morning, lunch-club, and afternoon sessions
- Being linked to the reception class and the primary phase gives children confidence when starting school
We aim to ensure that each child:
- is in a safe and stimulating environment
- is given generous care and attention
- has the chance to join in with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together
- is helped to take forward learning and development by being helped to build on what they already know and can do
- has access to both indoor and outdoor experiences
- has a dedicated Key Person who makes sure each child makes good progress
- is in a Nursery that sees parents as partners in helping each child to learn and develop